We design your location as per the council regulations.
Some kinds of building projects are exempt from the Regulations, however generally if you are planning to carry out ‘Building Work’ as defined in Regulation 3 of the Building Regulations, then it must comply with the Building Regulations. This means that the Regulations will probably apply if you want to:
- Put up a new building
- Extend or alter an existing one
- Provide services and/or fittings in a building such as washing and sanitary facilities, hot water cylinders, foul water and rainwater drainage, replacement windows, and fuel-burning appliances of any type.
The works themselves must meet the relevant technical requirements in the Building Regulations and they must not make other fabric, services, and fittings less compliant than they were before – or dangerous. For example, the provision of replacement double-glazing must not make compliance worse in relation to means of escape, air supply for combustion appliances, and their flues and ventilation for health.
They may also apply to certain changes of the use of an existing building. This is because the change of use may result in the building as a whole no longer complying with the requirements which will apply to its new type of use, and so having to be upgraded to meet additional requirements specified in the regulations for which building work may also be required.
In summary, the following types of project amount to ‘Building Work’:
- The erection or extension of a building
- The installation or extension of a service or fitting which is controlled under the regulations
- An alteration project involving work that will temporarily or permanently affect the ongoing compliance of the building, service, or fitting with the requirements relating to structure, fire, or access to and use of buildings.
- The insertion of insulation into a cavity wall
- The underpinning of the foundations of a building
- Work affecting the thermal elements, energy status or energy performance of a building.
I found Muhammad to be a hardworking individual whose attention to detail and quality could not be faulted. I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Muhammad to anyone else.
Very reliable, friendly, excellent, helpful and professional. I have used them and from start to finish the service was great. I would highly recommend them to anyone.
Muhammad is very professional, knowledgeable and has a clear understanding of the work he does and explains the stages clearly to me. This gives me confidence in using his services and I will be happy to recommend him.